This past weekend Rob, Hannah and I got to go on an AP Biology and Science club field trip to Yosemite. While the kids and chaperons hiked to the top of Yosemite Falls on Saturday, Hannah and I walked to the base of the lower falls, explored Yosemite Village and shared some ice cream. It was a great time to enjoy God's creation and spend some time just the two of us.
We camped Friday and Saturday nights right on the Merced River on an old gold mine claim. It was a fascinating place. Miner Bob was our most gracious host and storyteller. He has lived on the property with no electricity since 1945. We had the privilege of celebrating his 86th Birthday with him on Saturday. While he never "struck it rich" by gold mining standards, he was indeed a wealthy man, having lived his life in a beautiful place and in the grace of the Lord Jesus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a display of His glory, yet pales to what is to come. Yipee! What a great trip Ker. You got some great photos. We will have to go there once Luke is the right age. Come to think of it, we have ALOT of places we have said we need to go to! In due time. Thanks so much for letting me keep the girls. They were so fun. I just love them to death. Love you.
Hi Keri,
Your blog is so much fun to read and listen too. I just spent the morning listening to your play list. I even bought two songs from listening to your list. Good advertising. Your trip looks like so much fun and awe inspiring. I imagine that it was hard to take in all of God's splendour.
p.s. Robert said "Harsh" to your comment about his age. hehehe
Post a Comment