Monday, June 16, 2008

A Wii for Me!

So, Rob surprised me with a Wii for our anniversary. Ever since we first played one at his Dad's house, I have been saying how much fun it was and how I would like to have one some day (especially since Wii fit came out). As a thank you to my sweet husband who spoils me whenever he gets the chance, I knocked him cold in the boxing game :). I have been paying for my competitiveness for the last two days with arms so sore I barely made it through exercise class this morning...serves me right. Not that anyone reading this cares, but yesterday was a big Wii moment for me (as opposed to a wee Wii moment. hahaha). Anyway, I am the new ski jump record holder. I beat our buddy Aaron's record by 50 meters, and I must say, I am planning to rub it in for as long as possible.

My Mom and our family friend Alex visited this weekend and we got them in on the action too. We decided that Alex is a Wii savant. Alex recently moved here from India. He's never even seen snow, but he tore it up on the slalom course and pretty much schooled us in just about every other game. We had so much fun.

So, next time you visit the Cobb house, be prepared to face off in the sport of your choice Wii style.

UPDATE:
Ok, Ok...my record didn't last long. Neither did my bragging. I am humbled to say that Aaron holds the record once again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it, you totally cracked yourself up with your wittiness didn't you! I can just hear you laughing as you typed it! Can't wait to take on you and Rob on vacation!

Alex Aruliah said...

Keri, I would love to see the look on Aaron's face when you tell him that you beat his record. I'm sure he will get on your Wii and try to beat your record soon!!
Enjoy!!

Kurt said...

We're Wii people too. Had it about a year and we got Fit the day it came out. I excel at Hoola-hoop and the ball-balance-and-fall-through-the-hole game. I also like the yoga except for the balancing on one foot while you put the other foot in places that aren't normal. And I suck at the ski jump but can do the downhill slalom.
Our other favorites are Carnival and Super Monkey Ball.
Remember! Keep that wrist strap on!

kc said...

I haven't checked your blog in awhile, but you've been busy! Your father's day entries were touching, and I cracked up at the photos from your wedding--were we that young?? So honored to have been there!